How to get started
1. What programmes can I study at the University of Vienna?
2. How do I apply for a specific programme?
- Information on how to apply for bachelor’s programmes can be found here.
- For master’s programmes check out this page.
- PhD and doctoral programme requirements are here.
How to deal with agencies offering to process your application:
3. Do I need to be able to speak German if I want to study at the University of Vienna?
- All bachelor’s programmes require require your proficiency in German. It is necessary to upload a recognized language certificate (at least level A2) in your application for all degree programmes held in German, even if you want to improve your German skills afterwards. Read this blogpost with the most important facts about the proof of German knowledge carefully.
- For further information on how and where to gain your German language proficiency follow this link.
- Some master’s programmes are offered in English.
4. How much are the tuition fees?
Read more about the amount of the tuition fees here.
5. How can I finance my studies in Vienna/Austria?
Please read here more about working in Austria.
Some general information about studying and living in Vienna can be found here.
6. I cannot find what I am looking for, please help me!
We’re looking forward to welcoming you soon as a student at the University of Vienna. :)