You are a student in an advanced phase of your degree programme and you are working during your studies? Then you might want to apply for a scholarship for students, who work while studying, for the academic year 2018/19 which can help you to get your degree. This blog entry summarises the most important information.
What are the requirements for an application?
To apply for the scholarship for graduates, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Valid admission to a degree programme at the University of Vienna in the winter semester of 2018/19 and/or the summer semester of 2019.
- For this degree programme the tuition fees are statutory
- and the necessary proof of performance must be obtained.
- Proof of income above the marginal earnings threshold for the calendar year 2018 (at the time of the application); the marginal earnings threshold is projected at the year: 14 times the salary according to section 5, para. 2 of the Austrian general social security act (Allgemeines Sozialversicherungsgesetz, ASVG) and an amount not exceeding 15,000 euros).
What proof of performance do I need to submit?
In addition to the requirements mentioned above, you need to have obtained the following:
|Degree programmes with scope according to the curriculum:||Minimum number of ECTS credits obtained at the time of the application:|
|180 ECTS credits||120 ECTS credits|
|240 ECTS credits||160 ECTS credits|
|120 ECTS credits||80 ECTS credits|
|270 ECTS credits||180 ECTS credits|
|Doctoral programmes||all ECTS credits|
How to apply?
- Download the application form (which will be available shortly before the start of the application period) from this website.
- Fill it in and send it from your u:account e-mail address (webmail.univie.ac.at) including all the required proofs to the e-mail address specified in the form. If you are enrolled in more than one degree programme at the University of Vienna, you have to choose a degree programme for which you would like to receive the scholarship. Getting the scholarship will be based on this degree programme until you graduate from it.
When is the application period?
- From 1 October 2019 to 30 November 2019
- If you graduate from the relevant degree programme in the winter semester of 2018/19, you can exceptionally submit your application from 1 March 2019 until 30 April 2019.
What is the amount of the scholarship and how long can I receive funding?
- The scholarship for graduating amounts to 700 euros per academic year or 350 euros per semester, if you were obliged to pay fees for only one semester.
- The maximum period for receiving funding is twice the standard duration of a programme.
How to calculate the maximum funding period exemplified by a six-semester bachelor’s programme:
The standard duration of the programme consists of 6 semesters + 2 additional semesters + 4 further semesters related to the application = a total study period of 12 semesters. (Leaves of absence are not considered in this calculation. Therefore, they do not count).
I am a non-EU/EEA citizen and I pay double tuition fees. Will the total amount be refunded?
Unfortunately, not. The scholarship amounts to 700 euros per academic year or 350 euros per semester independent of the actual tuition fees.
Who can I contact if I still have questions?
We recommend to read the detailed information about the scholarship for graduating part-time students on the website of the Teaching Affairs and Student Services (in German).
If there are still unanswered questions, you can use this form.